This is a post for all my peoples who are ballin on a budget this Christmas. I have made a list of tips on ways that I try to save money while buying Christmas gifts. This is especially important for me as I have a huge immediate family to buy gifts for. Plus, I’m about to gain a whole other family when I get married next year. That’s a lot of people!
Check the Sale rack first!
- If you really know me then you know that the only thing I buy full price is food and drink… and even then, ya girl is searching for the sales!
- Most stores either have a clearance rack or a clearance aisle. Always check there first. If you search, you can find some gems.
- Retail Me Not
- Always look up the store on RetailMeNot to see if there are any sales and any coupons that you can use.
- Store App
- Almost every store has an app now. Look up the store online and see if there’s an app. Usually if you sign up, you will receive a free item or a coupon.
- Email Subscriptions
- Sign up for the email list. They will sometimes send coupons exclusively to the people on the mailing list. It will also keep you up to date on upcoming sales.
- Usually if you sign up, you will receive a free item or a coupon.
- Retail Me Not
Make a basket!
- Buy a lot of cheap things that relate to each other and add to a basket to make a complete gift.
- For example, if you know someone who needs some stress relief: buy some lotion, a candle, some bath soak, some body scrub and voila!
Give a Handmade Gift!
- I personally prefer this just because I love being creative and DIYing some crafty stuff. Plus, I already have a lot of the materials I would need anyway so I wouldn’t incur many expenses on the project.
- You get to have fun while making it and they get to have a gift made from the heart. *cue the “awwwwwww”*
Buy Gifts throughout the year!
- This is the hoarder in me and the cheap-o in me. Like I said before… I don’t buy anything full price. If it’s full price, it ain’t for me.
- If something is on a super crazy sale, then buy it while it’s on sale and save it to gift at a later date. Ain’t nothing wrong with saving your money honey!
What do you do to keep costs down when buying gifts?
Don’t forget to check out how to enter to win my Christmas Photo Challenge!